Various organizations have reached out to NHA this year hoping to provide San Diego families and individuals in need with a brighter holiday season. Thanks to the support of these organizations, dozens received gift or food donations that they might not otherwise enjoy.
- UCSD Athletics once again provided food, toys, and various gift donations for 12 families from NHA’s Emergency Food Program, HIV/AIDS Case Management Program and Friendship Clubhouse Program. Over 60 students from UCSD’s athletic program came together to adopt these families and provide them with items that they might not have received elsewhere this holiday. UCSD Athletics has supported NHA for years past and each year our families are more than appreciative of their generosity.
- Integrated Medical Centers held a canned food drive that was able to support meals for at least 15 families from our Emergency Food Program. Integrated Medical Centers has continued to collect canned goods and food items for the program.
- SDCE’s Mid-City Center adopted 35 students from Urban Village II Head Start Center. The organization donated toys to each of the children.
- EvOLvE Dance held a canned food drive that was able to support meals for at least 15 families from our Emergency Food Program. EvOLvE has continued to collect canned goods and food items to donate to the program.
- An anonymous donor adopted the entire Miller Head Start Center, providing much needed blankets and winter clothing as well as toys and goodies to 60 students in need.
- The Academy of the Performing Arts adopted the entire Valencia Park Head Start Center, providing gifts and toys to 38 students.
- Senator Juan Vargas visited Webster Head Start giving students the opportunity to have holiday pictures taken with the senator himself.
- Santa Paws paid a visit to ADHC giving seniors the opportunity to have their photo taken with two very special therapy dogs.