Financial Counseling & Coaching
NHA’s Financial Counseling and Coaching Program (FCCP) was created to provide valuable coaching and financial education to low-income families. The program teaches families how to manage and overcome debt, create a spending plan and budget, and establish a viable savings account and emergency fund. The program aims to show individuals a path to financial freedom that will increase the quality of life for their families and communities.
The classes will be held at Vista Terrace Village and Coronado Terrace Apartments. The FFCP’s success is measured by how many clients improve their financial knowledge and reduce the need for loan and debt consolidation and reported outcomes to Eden Properties.
The Financial Counseling and Coaching program provides the following services at Section 8 properties:
- Educate clients on sound financial principles
- Assist clients in the process of overcoming their financial indebtedness
- Help clients identify and modify ineffective money management behaviors
- Help clients develop new perspectives on the dynamics of money in relation to family, friends and individual self-esteem
- Establish an emergency fund
- Accumulate 3-6 months savings
- Develop a spending plan and budgeting system