A mental health and wellness recovery program
About Project Enable
Neighborhood House Association’s Project Enable BPSR Wellness & Recovery Center provides time-limited outpatient specialty mental health services to adults 18 years of age and older who are affected by serious and persistent mental illness and to those simultaneously experiencing co-occurring disorders that interfere with their ability to function in key life roles such as parenting, attending school, family and social difficulties, and employment.
The program strives to reduce psychiatric symptoms and the need for hospitalization while rehabilitating clients to their highest level of functioning. Strength base services focus on stabilization and recovery goals with the expectation that with treatment, clients will effectively recover and graduate from the program. Comprehensive services include mental health assessment, medication management, short term individual and group therapy, rehabilitation counseling, case management, Employment Support Services, and linkage to supportive community services.
Employment Support Services
Employment Support Services assist in meeting the client’s vocational needs. Employment Support Services include job readiness activities and job obtainment support. Referrals are generated from the Clinic Members wanting to add Employment to their Recovery Plan. The goal is that the Client will obtain Employment that consists of a “competitive” salary.
- Mental health assessment
- Medication management
- Case management
- Crisis intervention
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Specialty services for transitional age youth (18-25 years of age) including independent living skills, employment and vocational support, anger management, healthy living, art therapy and socialization
- Geriatric specialty services for adults 60 years of age and older, including mental heath screening and assessment, education, wellness support and counseling, targeted case management and linkage to primary care and community services.
Project Enable clients must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Meet the criteria for severe mental disorder and simultaneously experiencing a co-occurring disorder
- Be insured by MediCal or uninsured and meet the financial eligibility criteria established by the County of San Diego
Project Enable BPSR Wellness & Recovery Center accepts MediCal insurance. Those who are not insured are charged an annual fee based on their ability to pay. Neighborhood House Association’s Project Enable serves residents of Southeast San Diego.
Project Enable Clinic
Director: Bernard Carrasco
286 Euclid Avenue, Suite 102
San Diego, CA 92114
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Call for evening availability