Head Start enrollment exceeded 10,000
Community computer lab opened at 41st Street Center
NHA purchased the new SDFB site on Distribution Way
NHA hosted its 90th Anniversary Celebration at the U.S. Grant Hotel
August 2006, the Board of Directors named Rudolph A. Johnson, III as the President and CEO of Neighborhood House Association. Johnson succeeded the late Dr. Howard Carey, who served the agency for more than 34 years.
NHA began HIV/AIDS services program
NHA opened its administrative headquarters on Copley Drive
The Connection Program was established
Adult Day Health Care was initiated
NHA became the first Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) certified housing counseling agency in San Diego County
NHA received the Head Start Program
41st Street Center opened
NHA became the first grantee for Head Start Programs in San Diego County
San Diego Food Bank (SDFB) was established
In 1920, NHA helped start the Community Chest now known as the United Way of San Diego County.
In 1923, NHA was incorporated by Helen and Mary Marston, Emma Way, W. Templeton Johnson, Rebecca Halley, and Mrs. John L. Bacon.
NHA began in 1914, when the First Baptist Church school merged with San Diego Normal School Women’s Club.
In 1888, the College Women’s Club started the “settlement house” to assist Mexican, Portuguese, Italian and Chinese immigrants with settling in the community.