Become a part of the legacy...
Community involvement is the key to enabling us to provide a network of programs at over 100 locations throughout the county. Whether your passion is working with preschool children or seniors, helping people get access to health care or helping people buy their first home, NHA has an opportunity for everyone to give back to the community.
We invite you to become part of the legacy! Download a volunteer application below and submit it today.
Senior Service Center Volunteer(s)
Volunteer(s) for the NHA Senior Service Center will support the Senior Center Manager with day-to-day responsibilities of the program. Volunteers should be self-motivated, passionate about providing services to older-adults, and adhere to the policies set forth in the NHA Senior Center Code of Conduct.
Duties for NHA Senior Service Center Volunteer(s):
- Assist Senior Center Manager with administrative duties(answering phones, filling, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and serving of breakfast and lunch (Food Handler’s License Required)
- Assist with the facilitation of various activities (walking/exercise, painting, bingo, movie day, etc.)
How to Become a Volunteer
In order to ensure a safe and pleasant volunteer experience , Neighborhood House Association asks that all applicants undergo a thorough application, orientation and qualification process before volunteering.
Here is what applicants are required to do as part of this process:
- Fill out the volunteer application and submit to Volunteer Coordinator.
- If application is approved, Volunteer Coordinator will contact applicant to meet with Program Director to make sure partnership is a good fit.
- Applicant will be asked to attend orientation session.
- For the Child Development program, as well as certain other programs, a Tuberculosis test is required. Volunteers working directly with children for more than 10 days per month or more than 16 hours per week will be required to be fingerprinted.
- A background check will be run on all approved applicants.
You’re then ready to begin a very worthwhile and rewarding experience as a certified NHA volunteer!
To begin the process, fill out a volunteer application today!
Please, note that background checks are required for all volunteers and interns therefore, all applicants must have a social security number to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.