Neighborhood House Association’s Project Enable BPSR Wellness & Recovery Center provides time-limited outpatient specialty mental health services to adults 18 years of age and older who are affected by serious and persistent mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders that interfere with their ability to function in key life roles, as parents, students, spouses and employees.
The program strives to reduce psychiatric symptoms and the need for hospitalization while rehabilitating clients to their highest level of functioning. Services focus on stabilization and recovery goals with the expectation that with treatment, clients will effectively recover and graduate from the program. Comprehensive services include mental health assessment, medication management, short term individual and group therapy, rehabilitation counseling, case management and linkage to supportive community services.
Project Enable BPSR Wellness & Recovery Center accepts MediCal insurance. Those who are not insured are charged an annual fee based on their ability to pay. Neighborhood House Association’s Project Enable serves residents of Southeast San Diego.
Project Enable clients must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Meet the criteria for severe mental disorder and/or a co-occurring disorder
- Be insured by MediCal or uninsured and meet the financial eligibility criteria established by the County of San Diego
- Mental health assessment
- Medication management
- Case management
- Crisis intervention
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Specialty services for transitional age youth (18-24 years of age) including independent living skills, employment and vocational support, anger management, healthy living, art therapy and socialization
- Geriatric specialty services for adults 60 years of age and older, including mental heath screening and assessment, education, wellness support and counseling, targeted case management and linkage to primary care and community services.