Adult Day Health Care Center

donate to neighborhood house association

Adult Day Health Care Center


Neighborhood House Association’s Adult Day Services provides dual-day treatment program options to adults 18 years of age and older. The center offers both Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) services as well as Adult Day Program (ADP) services.

ADHC is a medical-model program designed for adults with disabling physical, mental, cognitive or developmental impairments that provides nursing, rehabilitative therapies, nutrition and psycho-social services. ADP  is a social-model program that focues on personal care assistance and provides cognitively stimulating activities. Transportation, lunch and recreational activities are offered to all participants regardless of program.

ADHC is a fee-for-service program. ADHC services are offered through Medi-Cal/CBAS, VA Contract, Regional Center Contract and private-pay options. ADP services are private-play only.

The center is open to adults, age 18 and older, whose needs include:

  • On-going nursing care and skilled observations (such as diabetic care management)
  • A medical condition that requires treatment (such as rehabilitative therapies) ordered by a physician
  • Chronic mental health or developmental disabilities or dementia impairments that affect the ability to perform certain daily living activities


ADHC provides a variety of services, including:

  • Physical Therapy*
  • Social Services
  • Occupational Therapy*
  • Recreation & Social Interaction
  • Speech Therapy*
  • Hot Lunch and Snacks
  • Nursing Services
  • Psychological Services*
  • Nutrition Counseling*

*Available to ADHC participants only

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call

(866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)      email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Department of Developmental Services Web Site | Notice of Privacy