Geriatric Specialty Program
NHA’s Geriatric Specialty Program is a field based program providing mental health services to seniors who reside in the Central San Diego area and neighboring communities. The focus of the program is to reach out and provide support to those who are not able to seek assistance from other mental health settings.The program aims to help seniors be safe, continue to stay in their own homes and have a good quality of life.
The Geriatric Specialty Program is a component of the Neighborhood House Association’s Project Enable program, a wellness and recovery center. Services are provided at no cost to the client.
Older adult residents of Alpha Square are eligible to receive Geriatric Specialty services. Services include case management, short-term counseling, and linkages to medical and social services that support the residents’ choice to reside in community-based permanent housing.
- In-home mental health screening & assessments
- Short-term wellness support
- Comprehensive referrals to support community-based living
- Community Outreach & Education
Individuals must be 60 years of age or older, at risk/isolated, homebound and in crisis, or experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:
- Trouble coping with daily activities
- Increased forgetfulness or confusion
- Feelings of sadness, depression, or anxiety
- Unexplained aches or pains
- Sudden changes in eating and sleeping patterns
- Changes in social interactions such as pulling away from people or a loss of interest in pleasurable activities